Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.0.2 NNTP Support

On Fri, 2004-12-11 at 18:13 +0100, Eric Schaefer wrote:
I upgraded to evo 2.0.2 (coming from 1.4.6) on Gentoo just now.
According to the manual, I should be able to select "NNTP Server" as
"Server Type" for a new mail account.

When you emerge something, you should really have a look at the USE
flags that affect the build so that you know what customizations are
available (and, more to the point, what your current USE environment is
going to result in)

If I had to guess, you don't know about the -v flag to emerge -p

On one of my systems,

        sirius ~ # ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge evolution -pv

        Calculating dependencies ...done!
        [ebuild   R   ] mail-client/evolution-2.0.2  +crypt +debug -doc -ipv6 -kerberos -ldap +mozilla -nntp
+pda +spell +ssl 15,039 kB

        Total size of downloads: 15,039 kB

        sirius ~ #

Note the -nntp ... That's an option brilliantly made available by the
people who package evolution for Gentoo for you to enable NNTP support.
So, on your machine, do

        # ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 USE=nntp emerge evolution

and you'll be off to the races. You'll probably want to make that use
flag persistent, see /etc/portage/packages.use in `man portage`.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Principal

Helping you succeed at flawlessly executing Massive
Changes and Upgrades to your Mission Critical Systems
http://www.operationaldynamics.com/services/procedures/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London