[Evolution] Signature

Just upgraded from Evolution 1.4 to Evolution 2.0.1.  Under
Settings/Composer Preferences/Signature, there is nothing listed.
However, every time I compose a new message, Evolution by default
inserts two dashes, a new line and then my name and email address at the
bottom of the message.  Is there any way to turn that off?

OK, just now noticed that there's a signature drop down list at the top
that says "None" or "Autogenerated."  Changing it to "None" removes the
signature but it's back to "Autogenerated" the next time I create a new
message.  So I guess what I'm looking for is a way to make "None" the
default?