Re: [Evolution] 'Find now' greyed out

your searches file has lost the 'system' searches.

the file $prefix/share/evolution/1.4/default_user/searches.xml

contains the default searches, you can place this over your ~/evolution/searches.xml file to reset them, or merge them if you have some searches there already that you need to keep.

(i think this is how 1.4 works, 2.0 does things a bit differently).