Re: [Evolution] Backing up Evolution - Mail Accounts

hi ben,

urgh... evolution 1.2 (i assume from your header) is now more than three
years old! the current version is 2.0, i'd really like to encourage you
to update.

don't have a clue of 1.2 anymore, perhaps anyone else of the elder
mailing list members... :-)

did you make sure that all your file permissions are right? perhaps your
user id has changed and therefore you just don't have the rights to open
the files you have copied into ~/evolution.
generally i'd prefer to make a backup by tar.gz'ing the entire directory
~/evolution (because then the file permission are presafed - they get
lost by plain copying to a cd or anything), copying to the new computer,
chown'ing the tar.gz-file and then extracting it.