Re: [Evolution] Howto import vCalendar Files (vcf) from the command line?

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 12:13 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 08:09 +0100, Christophe Nowicki wrote:
On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 10:53:21AM +0800, Not Zed wrote:

Hi,

AFAIK, you can only import files through the gui currently.

OK this feauture is not available.

Whitout this feature I can't solve my small problem :

On my company intranet, the calendar software export calendar events
into vCalendar file.
When an outlook user click on an  event, its automatically  added to
the outlook calendar.

Who can I have the same functionnality with evolution under linux?

as NotZed said, you can write a little program that uses the e-d-s API
to load the vcf file and imports it into one of the Evolution calendars.

Have a look at libecal's headers, as well as libical's (for the parsing
of the vcf file).

What libical do you all use?  Debian dropped libical because it
was buggy and not maintained upstream.

I looked for a libical on my system, thinking that Evo might
have it's own forked version, but no luck.

$ locate libical
$

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"If the French were really intelligent, they'd speak English."
Wilfred Sheed