Re: [Evolution] each other mail hangs the machine

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 14:19 +0200, Ludek Safar wrote:
V Pá, 28. 05. 2004 v 13:15, Jose Alves de Castro píše:
Now I need some kind of script to install them, right? (I'm assuming
I'll have to do it in a correct order)

At first do rpm -Uvh --test *.rpm in the directory with rpms. You'll see
broken dependencies etc... after it won't complain any more, run rpm
-Uvh *.rpm as root in the directory.

BTW you don't have to worry. RPM itself reorders files to be in correct
order.

You should think about RedCarpet as well as it does a lot of work for
you (i.e. updating packages :-)).

Red Carpet also tends to install a lot of Ximian-specific versions of
libraries etc., which can get you into dependancy hell if you use other
package managers as well (apt, yum, ...). I last used it over a year ago
so maybe it's improved, but even the recent Fedora Core 2 Release Notes
warn you about this.

poc