Re: [Evolution] each other mail hangs the machine

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 14:19 +0200, Ludek Safar wrote:
V Pá, 28. 05. 2004 v 13:15, Jose Alves de Castro píše:
Now I need some kind of script to install them, right? (I'm assuming
I'll have to do it in a correct order)

At first do rpm -Uvh --test *.rpm in the directory with rpms. You'll see
broken dependencies etc... after it won't complain any more, run rpm
-Uvh *.rpm as root in the directory.

BTW you don't have to worry. RPM itself reorders files to be in correct

You should think about RedCarpet as well as it does a lot of work for
you (i.e. updating packages :-)).

Red Carpet also tends to install a lot of Ximian-specific versions of
libraries etc., which can get you into dependancy hell if you use other
package managers as well (apt, yum, ...). I last used it over a year ago
so maybe it's improved, but even the recent Fedora Core 2 Release Notes
warn you about this.