Re: [Evolution] Mail Delivery (failure evolution ximian com)

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 07:24 +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
tir, 18.05.2004 kl. 05.45 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:

[...]

I've read (OOo list) that Evo's being ported to Windows as a matter of
priority, so the virus/worm merchants are probably sharpening their
teeth for the day it gets released :)

this would be news to us evo devs... I haven't seen any win32 patches or
anything and Ximian sure isn't doing it...

Hmmm ... almost at the end of the article?

Well, part 1 of the article...

"Ximian is working on a native port of Evolution 2.0 to Windows
using the WIMP engine to make the application look XP-native."

What's "the WIMP engine"?  I thought WIMP was Windows, Icons,
Menus, Pointing (device), and was the standard design bequeathed
to us by Xerox PARC?

--
Ron Johnson <ron l johnson cox net>