[Evolution] Red-Carpet/XD2/conflict with Existing Gnome Desktop?

Guys,

Currently I'm using Gnome 2.4 on RH9. This was previously obtained from
nyquist rpms. However, he stopped supporting RH9 some time ago.
I would like to know.

     1. If I were to install XD2, will it currupt my current install?
        Will it overwrite it, or will it just install it into a
        different path?
     2. Can I upgrade say Evolution (I'm on 1.4.5) to 1.4.6 only and not
        have everything else screwed up?
--
Ow Mun Heng <Ow Mun Heng wdc com>