Re: [Evolution] Synchronizing Palm/Evo/Exchange Connector with "Location" Field

Lonnie,

You confirmed my suspicions.

Sounds like a simple change to the connector is in order :-)

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:22, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 22:31 -0600, Scott MacPhee wrote:
> Now I just realized that while the calendar events have downloaded
> correctly, along with the alarms and any notes, the "Location" field
> is nowhere to be found on the palm.
>
> So - what do I need to do to get the "Location" field to sync along
> with the rest of the record?  It's great knowing I have a
> teleconference at 3PM, but actually having the number I am supposed to
> call would be even more helpful.

The palm doesn't have a location field in its database.  The windows
versions of the conduits give the option of having the location appended
to the "summary" or "title" field (giving the option of what the
delimiters are).  So, it would appear as:

Teleconference [1-800-111-2222]

with [ and ] replaced with whatever delimiter you selected.

Ever since I switched to Linux/Evolution, I've just put the location
directly into the summary in Evolution.  But, it would be real nice if
the conduits did it for me.

If I think of it later, I'll see if there is a wish list item in
bugzilla for this.

Lonnie Borntreger