Re: [Evolution] evolution-2

D. D. Brierton wrote:

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 04:29, Not Zed wrote:

apparently there are better 'rss aggregators' out there, or whatever
they're called these days, and we haven't had a real maintainer for it
for over a year (and hence nothing but a few bug fixes), so it got
dropped.

The weather report is a bit redundant (at least if you're using
Evolution in GNOME) as there is a weather applet for the panel, and an
RSS aggregator seems like it should be either a standalone app or a
browser extension. But I will miss the idea that there was one view
where you could get a summary of your appointments, todo list and chosen
mailboxes all at once. I actually used the summary page regularly for
that. It would be nice if that could somehow be worked back into the new
UI (which I haven't tried yet, so perhaps it already has).

Best, Darren

Perhaps some kind of frame where you could give the path to a app as the source. This would allow you to create pages with whatever applications you wanted to on it. Imagine your clock, task list, weather, rss, etc... but on mine I could have gnomeTime, important clients to call etc... actually the more I think about this we'd need roles so I could look at my work summary page, my gamer summary page, my daily news summary page etc.....

--
Carl Parrish(cparrish carlparrish com)
http://www.carlparrish.com