Re: [Evolution] Spamassassin, Junk/Not-Junk, Training

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 16:04, aaron ximian com wrote:
* Server side spam filtering is almost always better. Local spam filtering
means you have to download it and then filter and then discard.
Server-side means it happens before you get there, so you don't have to
wait for filtration to happen. Although server-side is harder to train...
(not integrated into Evo in any way).

We use spam assassin on our gateway and have a mailbox set up there for
people to forward spam that our filter missed.  At the moment I am doing
this by using redirect (i've got a short cut ^b (bounce)) type spam in
the 'to' field which links to the alias in the local address book.  Then
I have to turn off the signature and finally send it.  It would be nice
if this could be scripted and tied to the Junk/not Junk feature.

I'm on 1.4 (1.5 isn't available for Mandrake yet :(  ).

BTW I think that when a message is redirected the default signature
should be "None".   Should I file this as a bug?

Russell.

--
Russell Fulton                                    /~\  The ASCII
Network Security Officer                          \ /  Ribbon Campaign