Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.4.5 + LDAP + TLS problem

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 23:19, Tony

Hmmm ... there's no bug. I'm using Openldap 2.2.6 and Evo 1.4.5 and all
the TLS stuff works perfectly. You're supposed to make your own (3)
certs for the LDAP server: a server cert, a private key and a CA cert.
You should use the CA cert (you can buy one instead from Verisign or
another CA if you really want to) to sign the server certs. The server
certs should be issued to the hostname of the ldap server that you get
on Linux by doing 'hostname -f'. How to do the cert stuff you should be
able to read at www.openssl.org. Certainly don't use any cert you got
with Evo.

That's what I already did. We are using a home made CA in our company;
all internal certs are signed with this CA, including those used by the
LDAP server.

The hostname match in the server certificate as well.

However, I'm not using any particular client certificate with Evolution;
I don't know why I should btw, since TLS works just fine with my
Sendmail server, or with my IMAPS box. Both of which are using
certificates signed by my company CA, and both of which are able to
securely talk using the default cert provided by evo...

Regards,

--Tonni
--
Vincent Jaussaud
Kelkoo.com Security Manager

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one."
    -- President Thomas Jefferson.    1743-1826