Re: [Evolution] OpenLDAP & Evolution

tor, 18.03.2004 kl. 18.21 skrev Hari Prasad Nadig:

Am I missing anything here?

Did you configure (and *check that it worked*) LDAP directory support
for Evo first? Did you configure your Openldap to include
evolutionperson.schema?

nope. I didn't do that. Please tell me how to do that...

Honestly not. You have to have a clue about what you're going about
first. You don't even know what software you're using. Openldap is an
art. Combining it with Evo is also an art.

Chris Toshok will tell you how to do it, he invented the whole thing.
Jeff will tell you why you're useless, NotZed will stroke your hair
while you RTFM.

 You obviously configured Evo to use your LDAP
server as the address book :)

oh, yeah. true.

So RTFM and at least give the minimum info. Like on exactly what didn't
work for you. Like Openldap's "Error 81, can't contact LDAP server", for
example. or "Error 49, insufficient access", when testing with
ldapsearch, after having configured your LDAP server. BTW, this is
Openldap mailing list stuff.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl