Re: [Evolution] OpenLDAP & Evolution

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:18:08 +0100, "Tony Earnshaw"
<tonye billy demon nl> said:
tor, 18.03.2004 kl. 15.28 skrev Hari Prasad Nadig:

  just built evolution with OpenLDAP support.

What Evolution? What Openldap? Mine works bootifully, mine's Evo 1.4.5
and Openldap 2.2.6. Hmmm ... w/ evolutionperson.schema, amongst other
custom schemas.

I just did a ./configure --with-openldap=yes --prefix=/opt/gnome2
& then a make and make install.

 Everything went well,
  except that it isn't helping the purpose. I get this on a dialog when
  clicked on contacts:

"We were unable to open this addressbook.  This either means you have
entered an incorrect URI, or the LDAP server is unreachable."

Am I missing anything here?

Did you configure (and *check that it worked*) LDAP directory support
for Evo first? Did you configure your Openldap to include
evolutionperson.schema?

nope. I didn't do that. Please tell me how to do that...

 You obviously configured Evo to use your LDAP
server as the address book :)

oh, yeah. true.

--Tonni

--