Re: [Evolution] importing multiple mbox files

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 00:34, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
I'd suggest creating the folder structure within Evolution and then
moving the mbox files into the appropriate location.

For example, if you create a folder called Inbox/Foo, then you would
dump the mbox file into:

~/evolution/local/Inbox/subfolders/Foo/mbox (the mbox file needs to be
named mbox)

darn - having seen all the other files that Evo creates in each mail
folder directory I never ever thought that'd work so I didn't even
bother to try it!

(the fact that this does work for mbox files would therefore be a useful
addition to the "Importing Your Old Email and Settings" section in the
online documentation IMHO! It's a lot quicker from the user's point of
view than importing via the GUI)

I've just tried it on a single smallish mbox file and it seems happy
with that; I guess it's sensible enough to notice that the zero-byte
mbox file it creates in a new folder itself has been replaced and
updates all the other associated files accordingly...

cheers!

Jules