Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.5 for Debian?

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 07:30, Dan Winship wrote:
On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 01:06, Hans Baume wrote:
Hallo,

I was wondering if anyone might have a Debian repository for evolution
1.5.  I found only one on apt-get.org, but it fails with the " error
while loading shared libraries: libecal.so.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory" error.

libecal comes from evolution-data-server. Maybe they don't have the
dependencies right and it's not pulling that in automatically?

The major package dependencies appear to be OK, but the debian
experimental evolution-data-server package installs "libecal.so.3.0.0",
with the soft link "libecal.so.3" pointing to it.  It seems wrong to
have a "libecal.so.0" link also, but you can get past this error by
creating one.  Once you do that though, you'll run into another similar
problem with "libebook" (i.e. evolution-data-server installs v4, while
libevolution-mail.so is looking for v3.  If you just fake it and create
a "libebook.so.3" softlink pointing at libebook.so.4, you'll be able to
run 1.5, albeit in super-scary-hack mode :o).  I'll file a debian bug
report as soon as I send this message :)

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>
   -  i  n  v  e  n  t  -