[Evolution] Calendar info for alarm --> sms script?

Hi Evolution gurus,

I am trying to use Evolution to send alarms about appointments as SMS
messages on my phone, using the 'Run a program' alarm option (I'm using
Evolution 1.4.5 on a Debian testing box).  So far I hacked-up a perl
script to send the message via a web site and a 'is-idle' program to
make sure that I am not currently using the computer before sending the
message.  I'm not sure how to get the information about the appointment,
though.  I was hoping that evolution would pipe some text about the
appointment to the selected program (like the email filtering system
supports), but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Then I thought that
the 'program options' arguments might have some way to drop-in this
information (e.g., '%s' for summary, '%l' for location, etc...) but it
doesn't look like it.  I'm also not sure where to look in Evolution's
source code for how this all works (e.g., where is the code for the
alarm daemon?).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
 -Chris