Re: [Evolution] 1.5.9.1 change icons.

Not Zed wrote:
On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 09:35 +0200, Robert Lindgren wrote:

Hi there,

Is it possible to exchange the large (24x24) icons with 16x16 icons in
the toolbar?

How do I get rid of the toolbar in the compose window, and the
formatting bar which I never need, It just takes up a lot of space.

Theres some tool in the control centre which lets you set whether the toolbars use small icons or no icons at all (which is what i use). Toolbars perhaps. It sets some gconf key or something.

Yes but I figure this will change the settings for all gnome apps, which is quite ok, since I don't use any :)

Regarding space. Since I mainly use kde apps, I'm astonished by how big
all widgets are in gtk, didn't find any theme that made them smaller.
For example the mail,contacts,calendars,tasks buttons in the left bottom
of the app takes up 35 px (on the height) and would only need about
20px, the same is true for the buttons in the toolbar, takes up about
32px and would only need a bit more than 24, if 24 icons are use, which
I don't want.

I don't know why the buttons down the bottom don't honour the normal toolbar settings, something about them not really being a toolbar or some such. At least turning off the icons would make it smaller.

Yes but still the take up excessive amount of valuable screen space. I want to read emails. I don't want to look at big buttons.

I of cause understand that it might be preferable for some people to
have bigger widgets, but please give me some guidelines on how to make
them smaller. And no I'm not running evolution on a 640x480 screen
(1920x1200 in fact).

You can't, its all hardcoded as per HIG guidelines, or something. I like it as much as you do ... *shrug*

Hmm ok, I guess there is a reason why I don't use gnome apps....

Best regards
/Robert