Re: [Evolution] Keybinding for next/previous *read* message

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 16:47 -0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 15:04, Adam Kessel wrote:
evolution-mail-message.xml -> edit this file
Ah, that's great.  Now I can use 'j' and 'k' like mutt.

Actually, now the typeahead find in folder lists doesn't work at all.
Should changing the keybindings for the message list somehow deactivate
typeahead in folder lists (e.g., when saving or copying a message)?

Yes, it does--at least in Evo 1.4.x.

I haven't tried customizing the bindings in 1.5.x, but using un-modified
(no Ctrl, Alt, etc.) shortcuts in the message pane completely broke the
typeahead find in folder lists when I was using 1.4.x.

I never found the typeahead to be a useful feature, but such shortcuts
unfortunately also made the search bar useless--whatever keys I chose
for shortcuts could not be typed in the search bar.  So I bet you can't
search for words containing J or K now.

Eric