Re: [Evolution] After 1.4.6 upgrade no more default browser

Am Fr, den 18.06.2004 um 18:19 Uhr +0200 schrieb Sam Przyswa:
Hi,

I have upgraded on my Linux Debian unstable the last Evolution 1.4.6 and
it lost the default browser configuration (konqueror)

I have tryed with the gconf-editor and changed the key
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown to set to:

command = konqueror %s
need-terminal = false
enabled = true

Restarted gconf and Evolution but that's not fix the problem.

hi sam,

hmmm....seems like you have already checked the archives like <http://
lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-April/037164.html>...

does gnome-default-applications-properties work for you?

which version of gnome do you use? if you use 2.0 or 2.2, your gconf key
should be the right one. if you use gnome2.4 or 2.6, check out the
settings of the gconf key /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http and /https .

to the ximian guys:
let's make a tab (or however one calls it) in evolution's preferences
named "default browser", and fill it just with an explanation how to set
the browser. or even link to gnome-default-applications-properties, much
better!
(these last lines weren't meant for real, but are actually worth some
thoughts regarding the frequency this question gets asked with. is
guenther's wonderful howto already part of the online faq? i think
not...)

my two cents for this night. have fun.

cheers,
andre