[Evolution] Calendar scroll very slow (Evo 1.5.91)

Evo 1.5.91 on SuSE 9.0.

Don't know if I have a library mismatch, but I installed 1.5.91 (and all
accompanying packages) over red-carpet.  Moving the cursor/highlight
across days in the calendar view is OK within the screen boundary.   But
as soon as you try to:

a) scroll off the screen with the scroll buttons
b) scroll off the screen with the arrow keys
c) mouse-select a new group of days to view

...there is a long pause before the screen refreshes.  Also, the
"Opening Exchange...." message on the status bar (at bottom) never goes
away, even after the screen refreshes.

Couldn't find this in bugzilla.

Thanks

--