[Evolution] Re: Re: no subject

Subject: Re: [Evolution] (no subject)
From: Lonnie Borntreger <email borntreger com>
To: Evolution List <evolution lists ximian com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:10:22 -0700

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 13:57 +1000, Geoff Steer wrote:
I'm running evolution 1.4.6 on RH 9. This has been working fine for
months, the system is always powered on and I'm always logged in as a
user other than root.
Today on going to read email, I noticed that the Send/Receive icon was
greyed out as if mail was being retrieved although only the main
evolution window was showing.

Look at the little icon on the lower left of Evolution.  I'll bet that
for some reason Evolution is "working Off-Line".  Either click on the
icon, or File->Go Online to get back.

Lonnie Borntreger

Thanks for the pointer. The icon showed it was working off line but
nothing I did could persuade it to do other wise.
I ended up deleting all of the .gnome and .gconf directories for the
user so it appeared that the user had never logged in via X. Logging in
again as that user got everything working again. It also fixed a problem
I'd been having with calendars under Evolution.

REgards
Geoff Steer