Re: [Evolution] Evolution & Themes

Thanks for the tip.

For some reason, even though I sent the message on July 16, it didn't show on the list until the 23rd?? In the meantime, I did some fooling around, and arrived at a similar solution. I just added a link to /opt/gone/bin/gnome-settings-daemon to $HOME/.kde/Autostart, and that took care of the problem.

re: Archives. I find those archives hard to work with. Every month is a different file, which makes them hard to search. I'm surprised that Ximian hasn't put together a search that looks at the whole archive. Yes, I know I could download the entire thing & search it myself, but that's also a PITA. I figured that if I was having this problem, someone else would be too, and I'd see a question & answer for it. I've been watching this list for months, and no one else has run into it (or they all searched the archives), so I finally gave up & posted my own question.

Regards,

Jean

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 23:50, Des Dougan wrote:
On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 07:23, Jean Neron wrote:
> I'm running evoution 1.4.6 under SuSE 9.0. I use KDE as my desktop
> environment, not gnome.
>
> The problem I'm having is that Evolution doesn't seem to respect the
> theme settings in Gnome. If I run gnome-control-center & select the
> 'Theme' applet, then all of sudden my Evo screen changes & adopts my
> selected theme. I noticed that when I do this, the 'gnome-settings-'
> program starts, and continues to run. If I kill this, then evo goes
> back to some default theme.
>
> It seems like I need to get 'gnome-settings-' to run automatically, or
> something like that?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jean

In your Autostart folder, create a file called gsd.desktop with the
following contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=gnome-settings-daemon
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon
Icon=
Name=gnome-settings-daemon
Terminal=false
Type=Application

This will cause your changes to be saved. (Note, a search of the archive
would have turned this up).

Des
Cansys West International
http://www.cwi-appx.com