Re: [Evolution] Evolution & Themes

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 07:23, Jean Neron wrote:
I'm running evoution 1.4.6 under SuSE 9.0. I use KDE as my desktop
environment, not gnome.

The problem I'm having is that Evolution doesn't seem to respect the
theme settings in Gnome. If I run gnome-control-center & select the
'Theme' applet, then all of sudden my Evo screen changes & adopts my
selected theme. I noticed that when I do this, the 'gnome-settings-'
program starts, and continues to run. If I kill this, then evo goes
back to some default theme.

It seems like I need to get 'gnome-settings-' to run automatically, or
something like that?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Jean

In your Autostart folder, create a file called gsd.desktop with the
following contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=gnome-settings-daemon
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon
Icon=
Name=gnome-settings-daemon
Terminal=false
Type=Application

This will cause your changes to be saved. (Note, a search of the archive
would have turned this up).

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support