Re: [Evolution] Compiling Ximian Evolution for Redhat Enterprise Linux 3

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 09:17 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 18:09 +0200, wrote:
I want to compile Ximian Connector for Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 as
there are no fitting rpms for this platform. Therefore I had to
compile the evolution-1.4.6 source. While running the configure
script I got the following message:
configure: error: Could not find db3 library
But I already installed successfully the db-3.1.17 sources.

So what mistake did I make or which further sources do I have to
compile?

I hope anyone can help me
Rainer.

you normally have to install db-3.1.17 in a specific directly (so it
doesn't conflict) _and_ tell evo exactly where that is using --with-
db= argument to configure.

you could try evolution 1.5.90 instead, it has its own copy of libdb,
although it also needs newer gnome

You could also try rebuilding the Evolution source RPM from Fedora Core,
I think the RPM from FC1 should work - I am not so sure about the RPM
from FC2.

Note that there are a number of development packages (header files)
missing from RHEL 3, so you might end up following a large dependency
chain.

Keith.