[Evolution] Compiling Ximian Evolution for Redhat Enterprise Linux 3

I want to compile Ximian Connector for Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 as there are no fitting rpms for this platform. Therefore I had to compile the evolution-1.4.6 source. While running the configure script I got the following message:
configure: error: Could not find db3 library
But I already installed successfully the db-3.1.17 sources.

So what mistake did I make or which further sources do I have to compile?

I hope anyone can help me
Rainer.