[Evolution] Evolution stalls when collecting POP mail

Hi All

I am running v1.4.5 on Solaris 9 SPARC, I also have the same problem
with 1.2 Linux on the same network, so it is not version specific.

Problem

When I press send/receive the normal progress box appears and the status
begins to show. I have 5 pop boxes that I go to read. Most have
little/nothing in them and complete no problem. There are two main ones
which may have from 2/3 mails to 200 at any time (mailgroup stuff/spam
etc!!). The progress bar will then proceed so far and then stop. If I
cancel the receive and restart it it gets to exactly the same point and
stalls again. In general when this happens it never completes and I have
to use a webmail or Win2k/Outlook system to remove the mail from the
pop3 mailbox. Having removed it it may or may not work next time I fetch
the mail.

The system has worked fine for many weeks and has just started doing
this. I also had a session of this a few months ago and it
'mysteriously' sorted itself out.

My question is not so much about the fact that the mail collection
stalls,  more that it appears that the recovery does not happen as per
Outlook. The main difference between Outlook and Evolution when fetching
is

1) It only fetches one mailbox at a time

2) It appears to process the fetched mail one at a time.

Anyone have any view on what I can do to solve this?

Thanks

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd