Re: [Evolution] New Mail Notification - Not working?

Ludo,

You didn't say which version of Evolution you are using.  If you are
using 1.2.2, the following formula worked for me.

    Sound:

        To get a beep or play a sound when e-mail arrives, perform
        the following THREE steps:

        Tools-->Settings:
                "Mail Preferences"
                Under "New Mail Notification" select "Beep" or
                "Play sound file when new mail arrives"

        Tools-->Settings:
                "Mail Accounts"
                Select your mail account and click "edit"
                Select "Receiving Options"
                Check "Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on this server"

        Restart Evolution!

I don't understand why the "Mail Preferences" setting wasn't enough.
This was the same formula that I found on the ximian.com web site EXCEPT
for the "restart Evolution".

HTH.

Tony