Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.5 problems.

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 04:01 +0100, guenther wrote:
On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 10:42, David Woodhouse wrote:
I just compiled Evolution 1.5 to play with it. Without any permission
from myself, it started a spamd daemon listening on a local port. That's
just scary.

It's objectionable that it even started trying to use SpamAssassin at
all without being asked; let alone that it started a daemon. This really
ought to be turned off by default.

File a bug. ;)

Urgh. But Ximian bugzilla still insists on asking me for my login
details once for about every three pages it gives me.

I managed to fight it into letting me submit #53109

It's also given me a new 'Junk' folder which I can't seem to delete,
just like the 'Trash' folder, except at least that one had the decency
to go at the end of the folder list where it wasn't in the way _quite_
so much.

It's a vFolder, just like the Trash. ;)

Yes, I too would be more happy to see the Junk folder right beneath the
Trash folder (where it belongs) and not in reach of my Inbox...

I'd be happier to not see it there at all. In fact, I'd be
_particularly_ happy to not see the Junk folder, or more to the point
I'd be happy to see the mails which are in my _real_ Junk folder which
Evo won't let me access any more.

If I try to delete either of these unwanted folders, I don't
even get an error message -- it just issues a LIST to the IMAP folder
for them, finds that they don't really exist, and silently does nothing.

File a bug. ;)

#53110

Finally, although it goes and checks for mail as requested, and I can
_see_ it issuing STATUS commands and getting told there's new mail, it's
not highlighting folders in the tree and showing me that there's new
mail there.

Known bug, AFAIK. Mail counts are not updatet ATM.

I think this was #51045, but it was marked FIXED. I've reopened it.

--
dwmw2