Re: [Evolution] Whitelist filtering

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 17:28, Brad Warkentin wrote:
Good day,

Sorry if this ends up being a dup. I sent it yesterday, before I had
confirmed my subscription to the list and suspect it may have ended up
in the bit bucket.

I am trying to get whitelist filtering up and running. My current setup
is filtering off all the mail lists and is using spam assassin to
nuke all the spam. I know about spam assassin's whitelisting but would
prefer a user contact list based approach so I can maintain one set of
spam assassin files for all users.

I came across Cliff Wells python script to test against all address in
Evolutions contact db. I have it working from the command line but I'll
be darned if I can integrated it within Evolution. The script is
expecting to be called with an address, ie

        whitelist.py somebody somecompany somedom

My problem is I can't figure out how to build a filter that calls the
script and passes the sender's address to be verified.

Create a script, that reads a mail from STDIN. Scan for the From:
header, extract the email address and dump the rest. Then you can call
whitelist.py with the extracted email address.

Alternatively, you sure can edit whilelist.py to accept the mail and
getting the address from the From: header itself.

The filter should be like this:
 if    <some criteria>
 then  "Pipe Message to Shell Command" <script>

HTH

...guenther