[Evolution] Compiling Evolution / Syncing Palm Devices [again]

Lonnie
You suggested that I need the static version of libdb 3.1.17. Perhaps
you (or someone out there) can help me create this. Here is what I have
done so far:
1 - Downloaded db-3.1.17.tar.gz from
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/source/evolution/. The md5sum of what I
downloaded is 5baeb94fb934d0bf783ea42117c400be. (I mention this to
completely specify exactly what I downloaded).

2 -  Un-tarred it, using  tar -xzvf db-3.1.17-2.tar.gz

3 - Moved to the build_unix directory: cd db-3.1.17/build_unix/

4 - Ran the configure command: ../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local
As far as I can tell (not very far!) this worked OK.

5 - Executed make clean (to be sure I cleared out any stuff left over
from various failed attempts)
6 - Executed make, which seemed to work OK.
7 - As root, execute make install, which gave the output:
Installing DB include files: /usr/local/include ...
Installing DB library: /usr/local/lib ...
Installing DB utilities: /usr/local/bin ...
Installing documentation: /usr/local/docs ...
Again, this seems OK.

8 - Downloaded the evolution archive from the above location, un-bzipped
and un-tarred.
9 - Configure evolution, using the command
./configure --prefix=`glib-config --prefix` --with-pisock=/usr/local
--enable-pilot-conduits=yes --enable-pilotlinktest --enable-gtk-doc
--enable-openssl --with-db3=/usr/local --with-catgets

This step failed, with the error message:
checking db.h usability... yes
checking db.h presence... yes
checking for db.h... yes
checking db3 header version... 3.1.17
checking for db3 library name... configure: error: Could not find db3
library

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
Steve (AKA "desperately seeking synchronization")

You need the static version of libdb 3.1.17  Mine is
/usr/lib/libdb-3.1.a

In the evolutio README (look in the top of your evolution build
directory).
       * Berkeley's libdb 3.1.17

          It is important to use *exactly* this version, and not a
          later one, to compile Evolution.  Please check the "Building
          Berkeley DB" section below for more information.

Lonnie

--
Steven P. Auerbach <steven p auerbach saic com>
SAIC