Re: [Evolution] "offline" calendar lookup?

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 17:26 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
%% Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com> writes:

Thanks for the response Rodrigo!

  rm> On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 16:19 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
  >> Is there some kind of text-based way to retrieve the calendar from
  >> Evolution?  At least today's appointments?  Or, can Evo email them to me
  >> each night or something?

(I realize this must sound weird to some: if I can read my mail why
can't I just look at my calendar?  Well, I have to confess that for the
moment I'm not reading my mail with Evo.  Actually I'm reading part of
my mail with Evo and part with my old standby, Emacs VM.  At some point
over this year I will probably move all the way to Evo.  The reason for
this strangeness is exactly what you'd expect: it's all Microsoft's
fault! :))

  rm> you can write a simple program that does that, mailing you the
  rm> events for a given day. You just need to use the splitted
  rm> evolution-data-server module.

  rm> Not sure if this could be integrated in the Evolution GUI in some way.

I don't even care about the GUI integration, I'm very happy to run some
command line tool that just dumps my appointments for today to stdout.

But, it sounds like this is only available in CVS Evo.  I need to be
using 1.4.x (currently I'm using 1.4.5).  Any help for me?

for 1.4, you can still use libcal-client, which offers the interface to
the calendar data.

cheers