[Evolution] Drag and drop consistency

I love the feature of Evolution that allows me to drag and drop to import entire list histories. This is a beautiful execution of drag and drop. But why can't I drag and drop to import other items? Most recently, I have had the need to import multiple contacts. I had used the VCard from one app, hoping to drop them into Evolution into my contacts folder, but nogo. I had to use the Import wizard. And this wizard only allows me to do one file at a time. This was a nuissance for so many contacts. Did I miss the proper way to do this, or can we add this feature?

Thanks,

Adam McNutt