Re: [Evolution] Removing Duplicated messages / open the last message

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 12:13, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 02:32, François Chenais wrote:
Hello,

Is there any option/command in evolution to remove duplicated
messages.

no. when we figure out a way to do it without risking data loss, we'll
probably do it. (message-id's are not guaranteed unique like many people
seem to think)

Is there any option to open the last (unread?) message the first time a
folder is opened ? This because I order mails by date from the oldest
(top) to the newer (bottom) and I always have to scroll down to get the
new messages. A good way should be opening the oldest of the unread
messages :-)

for 1.5 I had done this:

- if the folder has no saved-state as to which message was last
selected, select the first unread message in the list, else select the
previously selected message (from previous session?).

however, people complained about the part about it selecting the first
unread message on first opening an unvisited folder... so I was forced

How about this:

- On selecting a folder, center the list pane on the first unread
message, where "first" means "oldest", not "closest to the top"
(some of us like our folders ordered with the most recent message
at the bottom). However, don't select the message.

- Change the semantics of "." and "," so the select the first (last)
message when no message is currently selected. At the moment, they
don't do anything in this case so there's no loss.

poc