Re: [Evolution] Evo segfaulting on SMP

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 21:14, Mark Gordon wrote:
Joe Shaw was complaining about it in his blog:
http://www.joeshaw.org/#20040109

That's the one! Thanks, Mark

This patch may have fixed it:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-patches/2004-January/004067.html

Sadly, I don't have an SMP box so it's no help to me. I was wondering
whether it might be the source of Glen Baker's problems over on the
users list.

Note that this fix has been applied to CVS for both 1.4 and 1.5 and is
reflected in current snapshots of each.  I'd test this myself, but my
SMP motherboard died of electrolytic dysentery several months back.
Crummy cheap capacitors...

Heh ... My workstation/laptop died from the crummy human user (me) who
managed to upturn a scalding cup of coffee over it. (I really did
experience it in slow motion - even hearing my own voice saying
"N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o ...") Thankfully it's covered by Dell's complete
care warranty for laptops that includes accidental damage. Sadly Dell's
idea of next business day cover apparently means picking the machine up
the next day and (so far) taking three weeks to fix it - I was
originally expecting it back this week but it now seems it won't be, and
there is no update as yet on when it is coming back. Still, that does
mean more time spent on my adventures in xd-unstable on my borrowed
desktop ...

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com