[Evolution] kerberos error

Title: kerberos error

hello all,
i have evolution 2.0.2 w/connector 2.0.2 installed on a gentoo box.  i was running an unstable branch, but when i upgraded to the latest stable, it broke something with kerberos.  if i run evolution-exchange-storage and evolution from the terminal, and then type in my password for my exchange account, i get the regular dialog error about using domain/username, but in the terminal, i get the following error:

** (evolution-exchange-storage:6155): WARNING **: Unexpected kerberos error -1765328164

i noticed that evolution didn't compile w/kerberos support, so i unmerged and remerged it adding USE="kerberos" to the command line.  it still didn't compile w/kerberos support.

i have mit-krb5 1.3.4-r1 installed.

any ideas as to what the problem might be, or what i should try next?

thanks,
patrick