Re: [Evolution] Comments and questions on the Evolution mailer
- From: Raul Acevedo <raul cantara com>
- To: guenther <guenther rudersport de>, Svante Signell <svante signell telia com>
- Cc: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Comments and questions on the Evolution mailer
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 1:52:00 -0500
Why does it matter if you alter the original message and the message id stays the same?
It is extremely useful to delete attachments. In fact, it is extremely useful to edit emails themselves, as
sometimes I want to annotate the original email.
1. Is it possible to remove attachments, to save disk space?
Is this hard to implement? In Emacs VM the removed attachement name
remains in the original mail.
We already had this discussion in the past. IIRC removing attachments is
considered "evil", cause it alters the original (received) mail and
therefore isn't the original one any longer. Which effectively means,
the Message-Id must not stay the same...
] [Thread Prev