Re: [Evolution] Unwanted speaker beeps

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 15:44 -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
I just upgraded to evolution 2.0.3-1.1 on Debian from 1.4.6-5. My
computer speaker now beeps every time I move mail from one folder to
another, and when I receive mail.  I think this is new with the upgrade.
Particularly with the moving of mail, it's quite annoying.

Is there any way to turn it off?  I don't see a preference.

Look in your mail settings.  It's the new mail notification.  It
notifies of new mail in all folders, not just the INBOX - change with
v2.0.  No way to specify a particular folder to watch.  The change was
for users that "pre-filter" mail into different folders before the
client sees it, and thus have new mail that arrives in folders other
than just the INBOX.

Lonnie