Re: [Evolution] How to move task and calendar from evo 1.x to evo 2.x

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 11:33 +0000, Mário Filipe wrote:
Hi

I'm using debian sarge and this morning I had a little gift: it was
finnally possible to install evo 2.x (2.0.3 to be exact).

Unfortunately not everything is going ok and one of the main problems
that i have is that both the calendar and tasks from 1.x were not
imported. I already tried to import them by hand but without success.
Can anyone give me a hint?

BTW, I tried to "insert" ical calendars on my "brand new" evolution but
the Ok button on the dialog never gets available... any hints, here?

And finally, vfolders are apparently not working (they also weren't
imported from evo 1.x): i have a vfolder wich says that if the message
is important it should be there but no message appears. ALso during the
"boot" up of evolution I got lots of errors about vfolder manager not
finding this and that folder (I' using IMAP), but the folders are there.
Could this be the problem? If so, how do I solve it?
If you just copied the vfolders.xml file across by hand, it wont work.  The folder uri's changed a bit, and if you had to recreate your imap account manually they wont match.

One of two solutions.  First, try to get importing to work, search the archives of this list for information, it comes up a lot.  For whatever reason it didn't recognise the previous install.  This should fix everything if it works - and is probably the first thing to try.

If that wont work, just edit one (or all if you don't have many) of your vfolders and fix up the 'source folders' list to point to the right folders.  Then you can either do that for all of them, or use a script to fix up the uri's listed in the vfolders.xml file (i.e. look into it and see how the fixed source folder is different, it should start with email: rather than imap:, etc.).

Despite all this, I wish to thank people both at Ximian (Novell) and
Debian for this great piece of software.

Thanks for everything and a merry christmas to all
--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"Ride, Work, Sleep. Beer."