Re: [Evolution] 2.0 fetching POP3 mail too SLOW

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 11:05 -0200, Raul Dias wrote:
Hi,

I switched to Evolution 2.0.1 from 1.4.x and I am really pleased with
what I am seen.

One strange thing I noticed is that fetching mail takes about 1
sec/message and sometimes 2 secs/3 messages.

This is really slow comparated with 1.4.x.  I can live with that if this
is how it is supposed to work, but it is a huge step back.

It might have to do that I have 11GB of mail in evolution it got
converted recently due to the upgrade.

So, is this slowliness right?

It sounds like you might have spam checking turned on with remote tests
also on (remote tests really slow things down).  Check
tools->settings->mail preferences->junk.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.