Re: [Evolution] Bugs in birthday handling

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 02:32 +0530, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
b. If I set the birthday for a contact who is already in the addressbook
(but didnt have the birthday set previously), then the birthday doesnt
show up in the birthdays and anniversary. Well ... that is what I
thought. But actually it is getting set ... only on the day the person
was born. i.e. if the person was born in 1976, it shows up in the
calendar of that year ONLY.
So this is pretty weird. Does the birthday field stand for the persons
upcoming birthday or the day he/she was born?

Can anyone confirm this behavior in FC3, so that I can file it as a bug?
Or alternatively, can someone point out any mistake in my usage?

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip puroga com
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

Comparing information and knowledge is like asking whether the fatness of a
pig is more or less green than the designated hitter rule."
-- David Guaspari