[Evolution] problem with red carpet and a proxy

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use red carpet to update my copy of evolution at work.
When I am at work, I have to go through a proxy server to connect to the
internet.

The problem that I am having is that when I tell it to get the list of
available channels, it acts like it is connecting, but then it won't
return any available channels.

I have entered the correct proxy information (url and port, username and
password not needed).

Is there someway that I can see if any background messages are being
returned (like a log file or something)? If so where are the logs
stored? Is there another way for me troubleshoot this problem?

Is there another way (short of compiling everything from scratch) to
update Evolution and Evolution connector?

At work, I am using Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 3 with Evolution
1.4.5.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this problem.
--
Doug

Random Thought:
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).