Re: [Evolution] POP3 not downloading all messages

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 22:43 -0500, Paul Harouff wrote:
On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 10:52 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
There are two alternatives:
1. don't do this, but then you get duplicate downloads.  on a really flakey connection you may never (in a practical sense) get all your mail and get lots of duplicates.
2. delete the old ones always.  this assumes we can trust the info, otherwise you could remove non-duplicate mails.

I'm leaning toward 2, but it complicates the code a bit.

The only problem is it looks to me that these mails were never downloaded. Of the 22, I read three on the web which I want to save by downloading them and archiving. The others I never read.

I should also mention that I am job hunting and some of these messages were from head-hunters that I did not read for over a week because they didn't download.

You should always default to being conservative. It's always safer to get a duplicate e-mail than to lose a potential job opportunity.

I WOULD STOP USING EVOLUTION IF IT EVER STARTED AUTOMATICALLY DELETING MESSAGES. I even check the Junk directory before deleting spam -- just to be sure. Duplicate e-mails are a pain, but lost e-mails are worse.

Paul
Huntsville, AL