Re: [Evolution] POP3 not downloading all messages

Someone brought this to my attention last friday, and i'm still trying to work out of its actually a bug or not.  The problem is the code which is used for 'keep on server' is still used partially for downloading mail normally, so that you don't end up re-processing messages if for example you have a network-outage whilst downloading the rest.

So next time you go to download it says 'oh i already got these, dont get them again', which it should - because pop is pretty limited you can't delete as you go.  The problem is they are never deleted off the server.

There are two alternatives:
1. don't do this, but then you get duplicate downloads.  on a really flakey connection you may never (in a practical sense) get all your mail and get lots of duplicates.
2. delete the old ones always.  this assumes we can trust the info, otherwise you could remove non-duplicate mails.

I'm leaning toward 2, but it complicates the code a bit.