[Evolution] Restoring Evolution Settings

Hi, all:

I've recently migrated over from SuSE Linux 9.1 and Evolution 1.5.92 to
Fedora Core 2 and Evolution 1.5.9.1 (simply because that's the easiest
version to install right now via Fedora).  I took the liberty of backing
up ~/.evolution before I made the switch, and then restored it to the
same location when I reinstalled.

While my mail, filters, and calendars survived intact, my signatures and
contacts don't seem to have been read in properly.  The Contacts section
is completely empty, and the Signatures portion of the Options dialogs
aren't reading the signature files that are there.  I created a new
signature, and it got saved as signature-5 in the appropriate directory.
This seems to indicate to me that the directory is correct, it just
refuses to read the other existing files.

Any advice?

- Peter