RE: [Evolution] Evo 1.5.91 and a *big* memory leak

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 10:04 -0400, Rick Mancinelli wrote:
I do have a lot of mail and many folders.  My inbox might have only
100 or so messages in it at any given time, but my sent items folder
has 28k items and deleted items has 79k items.  Perhaps the issue is
somewhere in there?  Again, this was no problem for 1.4.6.

Yes. The problem is that in 1.5, the Deleted Items folder is opened at
startup, and it has to synchronize the local summary with the server. In
1.4, that would only happen if you actually opened the Deleted Items
folder.

It sounds like the caching isn't working right though. It shouldn't take
that much time/bandwidth every single time.

-- Dan