Re: [Evolution] Spamassassin, Junk/Not-Junk, Training

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 17:25, Eric Lambart wrote:
On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 22:28 -0700, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
The fact that IMAP keeps the deleted mail until I expunge
makes that a complete waste of resources as far as I'm concerned.  And I
can't tell you how many times I, or some other admin, has had to yell at
people who's trash folder was taking up 100M of space (or made their
account unable to receive email since they were at their quota) just
because they never checked it.

That's what quotas (and BOFHs) are for--to teach people lessons about
managing their limited resources.  ;)  It also doesn't seem to me like
it would be difficult to write a cron script that deletes the oldest
messages from the Trash folder when that folder exceeds a certain size.

i.e. exactly what those of us who manage mail servers end up doing, and
the fact that every mail client has a different idea about how to
delete stuff, and even what to *call* the Trash folder when they have
one (no, they don't all call it Trash) just adds a little more blackness
to the greyness of life.  Same thing goes for Sent, Junk and so on.

Even nicer would be a client-side option, a la Outlook (and, I think,
Eudora, and probably others...).

Kmail has it :-)

poc