Re: [Evolution] 1.5.7 oddity

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 21:12, Not Zed wrote:
On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 13:26 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
I'm currently running Friday's 1.5.7 snapshot (via Red Carpet), and
noticed that, when I receive a message in a folder I haven't received
mail in before (in the 1.5 directories), that the message does not flag
as new in the folder list. However, if I subsequently receive a second
message, it will be highlighted in the folder list as expected, if I've
read the first message.
How do you know the mail has been received there?

You visit it?

Or rather, what exactly do you mean?  e.g. do you 'get mail' and don't
see anything there till you visit the folder, or what?

Yes, that's correct - I don't see anything till I visit the folder, then
the unread count changes to 1, and I can, obviously, see the message in
the right-hand pane.

When you click 'send/recv' does it fix it?

Not sure, but Evo's scheduled send/recv action does not fix it.

What output do you get from the terminal (when you run it from a
terminal)?  It should spit a lot of crap about updating unread counts.

I've been running 1.5.x from a terminal; however, it's at work. The
terminal window will still be open, so I'll check it in the morning and
report back.

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support