Re: [Evolution] Mark as Not Junk

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 23:26 -0400, Paul Harouff wrote:
On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 23:27, Paul Harouff wrote:
> > Evo 1.5.6
> >
> > When I right click and select Mark as Not Junk, where do the files
> > go?  They appear to be permanently deleted (not even in trash). This
> > is definitely not the behavior I would expect.
> >

> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 23:48 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> they "go back" to the original folder they were delivered to (Junk is
> really just a vFolder and so it doesn't actually get moved anywhere when
> you unset the junk flag).

I don't know what happened. I lost three e-mails the other day. Now I
really wish that I had read them completely before marking them as Not
Junk.

I tried it on some unimportant junk mail and it appears to be working
today. One observation ... "Mark as Not Junk" and "Delete" are too close
to each other.
I disagree, they're separated by a separator.
I thought I might have accidentally selected Delete, but I couldn't find
the messages in Trash either. They just disappeared without a trace. And
I can't believe I made the same mistake three times.

I think making Junk a v-Folder is a stupid idea. This feature is not
usable if you can't predict the behavior of where the messages will end
up when you remove the flag. Especially when the message is marked as
already read so there is no visible cue whatsoever as to where it went.
Ugh, you can totally gurantee where they end up - where they came from.  Infact since they don't move anywhere, they were always there anyway, you just can't see them.
Junk mail should never be sorted. It should be physically placed in the
Junk folder and physically moved to the Inbox folder when the flag is
removed. Then you can force it to be sorted with Ctrl-Y after you have
verified it's retrieved.
ctrl-y doesn't sort though.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.