[Evolution] Slowness in deleting batches of mail

(1.5, Fedora 1, KDE 3.2.2)

I have spam redirected to a Spam folder on the server side
(i.e. I'm *not* using the built-in Junk controls) and a few
times a day I give it a quick once-over and delete it all.
On 1.4 this is practically instantaneous, but on the 1.5
series it's a lot slower and seems to correlate with the number
of messages selected. Note that I'm not talking about expunge,
just the standard deletion. I get the impression Evo is now
reading the messages where previously it didn't, even though
I don't want it trying to handle spam.

Both incarnations have the same filters and apply them only
to the Inbox.

poc